Philosophy and Goals
Cricket Hunt School is a place where children learn to become independent and self-motivating. We offer the excitement of discovery within the boundaries of a safe and challenging learning environment Our curriculum goals are aligned with Maine’s Learning Results, yet we are learner centered, meaning that we take time to look at each child’s individual strengths and needs. We use this information to guide us in creating an academic program that is both challenging and developmentally appropriate for our students.
We foster childrens’ self-esteem within a peaceful and respectful learning environment. We believe that all children display naturally inquisitive behavior and offer an environment where choices can be made. Teamwork, responsibility and group participation are part of our daily learning. This allows children a chance to experience and revel in their personal contributions and value to our group.
Finally, Cricket Hunt endeavors to be a “parent-friendly,” family oriented school. We clearly understand how much you value your child’s education and how important your involvement is to the success of your child. We welcome your ideas and helping hands, believing that no amount of time given is too small.
Cricket Hunt School Strives to:
- Offer an educational environment that promotes individual growth and success
- Provide a developmentally appropriate curriculum with clear goals and standards
- Apply best practices of student-centered instruction and assessment
- Facilitate your child’s natural learning process through a variety of rich, experiential activities
- Value and support each student’s growth and contributions to the school community
- Invite parents to be involved in the process of their child’s education
- Practice models of teacher development that emphasize professional growth, discovery and collaborative teamwork